db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Vlada Djurovic <vdjuro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hsqldb and NullPointerException
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:11:09 GMT
> Hi,
>
> The usual way to cope with a null pointer exception is
> 1) compile the sources with the debug option
> 2) look at the stack trace to find out exactly where the exception occurs
> 3) look at the indicated line in the source code to see which object is
> null
> 4) check (in the source code or elsewhere) why the object is null
>
> Did you already do that ?
>
>     Thomas

Yes, I did that, and everything else I could think of, but couldn't
find anything wrong. As I said, it works perfectly inside the IDE, but
not outside.
When I run the app standalone, I can connect to database, do simple
querries, but if I try to do INSERT, UPDATE,DELETE or join, I get the
NPE.
First I thought it's a classpath issue, but I guess, if I can connect
to database and do some things, than the classpath and configuration
are OK, right? I use the same libs in the IDE and outside it, so it
should be OK too.
This is really frustrating:-(

Thanks for a tip anyway.