db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Bowen <s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tracking DataSource connections
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:47:50 GMT
Hello there.

Well, I've been looking into the problem, both by
trying to debug Torque and DBCP / Pool code and by
browsing the DBCP mailing lists.

It turns out that the three parameters that most
interest me -- removeAbandoned, logAbandoned and
removeAbandonedTimeout -- are *only* available in
BasicDataSource, *not* in SharedDataSource or
PerUserDataSource.

So my question is -- can I substitute my
SharedDataSource config in Torque.properties for a
BasicDataSource? Looking at the
org.apache.torque.dsfactory package I don't see
BasicDataSource anywhere, so I imagine the answer is
no. Just thought I'd ask ...

What do you think?

Bob

--- Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> not so sure about this being a dbcp issue, because
> at least MaxWait works
> for me, and I am also using (the standard) dbcp
> 1.2.1. And the dbcp people
> know nothing about how the Torque configuration gets
> translated into dbcp
> properties, and this is the place where the error
> appears
>
> Hm, I got no idea what might go wrong there. I am
> afraid the only thing
> (except from thinking about what might be different
> in your setup from the
> "usual": libraries in strange places, invocations
> over rmi,....) is to get
> the source and debug it. The configuration part is
> rather easy to
> understand.
>
>        Thomas
>
> Robert Bowen <syg6@yahoo.com> schrieb am 22.06.2005
> 15:25:53:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Well, I took your advice and tried using
> > commons-collections 3.0 and 2.1 as well, which is
> > packaged with torque 3.1. No go. Same errors.
> >
> > Do you think I should post this to the dbcp
> mailing
> > list? I don't want to be the target of flames if I
> > cross-post but it seems this is a dbcp issue, not
> > torque issue ...
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > --- Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Torque 3.1.1 comes with commons-collections 3.0.
> No
> > > idea what has changed
> > > and if that makes a difference, but this may
> well
> > > be.
> > > The other library versions are ok.
> > >
> > > In the runtimetest, the following works without
> > > errors :

> > > torque.defaults.pool.maxWait = 10000
> > > torque.defaults.pool.maxIdle = 8
> > > torque.defaults.pool.maxActive = 10
> > >
> torque.defaults.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=
> > > 300000
> > > torque.defaults.pool.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis
> =
> > > 3600000

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.
> > SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
> > > torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.maxIdle=8
> > > torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.maxActive=10
> > >
> torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.testOnBorrow=true
> > >
> > > so I would guess at least the maxWait should
> work.
> > > The attribute
> > > defaultMaxActive should probably be changed into
> > > maxActive, but this is not
> > > the point here.
> > >
> > > My suggestion would be to try and downgrade to
> > > commons-collections 3.0 and
> > > see whether the error goes away.
> > >
> > >     Thomas
> > >
> > > Robert Bowen <syg6@yahoo.com> schrieb am
> 21.06.2005
> > > 10:04:42:

> in
> > > my
> > > archives
> abandoned

> > > Torque

> torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.defaultMaxActive=25
> true
> true
> > > >
> torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.removeAbandonedTimeout
> > > =

> > > error:

> > > <maxWait
> > > logAbandoned |
> supported
> > > by

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource