db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Bowen <s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tracking DataSource connections
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:25:53 GMT
Hi Thomas,

Well, I took your advice and tried using
commons-collections 3.0 and 2.1 as well, which is
packaged with torque 3.1. No go. Same errors.

Do you think I should post this to the dbcp mailing
list? I don't want to be the target of flames if I
cross-post but it seems this is a dbcp issue, not a
torque issue ...

What do you think?

--- Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Torque 3.1.1 comes with commons-collections 3.0. No
> idea what has changed
> and if that makes a difference, but this may well
> be.
> The other library versions are ok.
>
> In the runtimetest, the following works without
> errors :

> torque.defaults.pool.maxWait = 10000
> torque.defaults.pool.maxIdle = 8
> torque.defaults.pool.maxActive = 10
> torque.defaults.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=
> 300000
> torque.defaults.pool.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis =
> 3600000

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
> torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.maxIdle=8
> torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.maxActive=10
> torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.testOnBorrow=true
>
> so I would guess at least the maxWait should work.
> The attribute
> defaultMaxActive should probably be changed into
> maxActive, but this is not
> the point here.
>
> My suggestion would be to try and downgrade to
> commons-collections 3.0 and
> see whether the error goes away.
>
>     Thomas
>
> Robert Bowen <syg6@yahoo.com> schrieb am 21.06.2005
> 10:04:42:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I think I may have a connection leak somewhere in
> my
> > app and I have been perusing the mailing list
> archives
> > trying to see how I can track open and abandoned
> > connections.
> >
> > I upgraded all the pertinent jars:
> >
> > commons-dbcp 1.2.1
> > commons-pool 1.2
> > commons-collections 3.1
> >
> > I have tried putting the following lines in my
> Torque
> > config file:
> >
> > torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.maxWait = 5000
> > torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.defaultMaxActive=25
> > torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.removeAbandoned = true
> > torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.logAbandoned = true
> > torque.dsfactory.myApp.pool.removeAbandonedTimeout
> =
> > 300
> >
> > ... and *all* of them fail with the following
> error:
> >
> > [ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - Property:
> <maxWait
> > | defaultMaxActive | removeAbandoned |
> logAbandoned |
> > removeAbandonedTimeout> value: 25 is not supported
> by
> > DataSource:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource