db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Kintzel Levente" <kintzel.leve...@codespring.ro>
Subject Join with the same table
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:51:47 GMT
Hi!

I encoded a menu system in a database table. Each element has an ID, a Caption and the ParentID
(the ID of the parent element in the menu item, it is an ID of an other record form the current
table). Now I want to Join the table with him-self to make a list with the caption of the
element and the caption of the parent element. Ok, that can be done without join, but I want
to sort the lines of this list by the caption of the parent element. For this I think join
is inevitable.
Can anybody help me constructing this join? Thank you!

        Regards,
             Levy