db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Roel van Dijk <rdvd...@gmail.com>
Subject torque:datasql, oracle and ampersand
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 07:26:36 GMT
I'm using Torque as part of Jetspeed, and it's working without any troubles.

Just a note though: I'm using the 'datasql' goal to create the .sql
file from a project-data.xml file.The creation process works fine
(Maven needed some extra memory for the few thousand entries..).  I'm
using an Oracle database. However, the created insert-statements are
not clean when there's a ampersand in the data. The created SQL looks
something like:

INSERT INTO MYTABLE (MYCOLUMN)
   VALUES('this is & my data');

However, you cannot insert an ampersand in Oracle this way. References:

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/litampersand.html
http://www.orafaq.com/faqplus.htm#NOAT

Not sure what the proper solution is for Torque, but I thought Torque
developers should know.

--
Roel -- rdvdijk@gmail.com