db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raphael Mankin <r...@mankin.org.uk>
Subject Re: ORA-01002 when Oracle is i in serialised mode
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 15:31:54 GMT

On 13-May-2005 Florin Vancea wrote:
> I've seen that, but not with Torque.
> In my case, it was the following sequence of operations:
>
> one connection opened with DB
> some statement performed outside transaction (using implicit commit mode)
> transaction started
> some select
> Bang --> ORA-01002
>
> My workaround was to close the connection and open it again at the same time
> the transaction was started.

Your solution will, of course, not work with torque, because of the connection
pooling.

In my case, I have not got as far as starting any explicit transactions, other
than those Torque does for one. In my example, the pari of statements I wrote
will be a transaction all by themselves.

I was really wondering whether this was a Torque problem, in which case we
can find a fix, or do I have to shout at Oracle, which is much more difficult.

                               Lead us not into temptation; we
                               can find our own way.

Raphael Mankin