db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: date fields / oracle
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 15:27:05 GMT

Hi,

to provide a little background: In the Torque 3.1.1 release, the Torque
types date, time and timestamp ar all mapped to oracle type Date.
Unfortunately, the underlying village library (not the database!) truncates
all dates to date accuracy. So, if plain 3.1.1 is used, all the above
Torque types have day accuracy.

However, it is possible to change the mapping of Torque type Timestamp to
oracle type timestamp in the oracle db.props file, which changes the
accuracy of Torque type timestamp to at least milliseconds. I am not sure
if you have to regenerate your object model afterwards, maybe you can just
alter the table in the database.
There is nothing easy to be done about the Torque type time, I'm afraid.

See also http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS263

    Thomas