db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: ORA-01002 when Oracle is i in serialised mode
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 06:25:50 GMT

Raphael,

which pool are you using ? I have tried to reproduce your issue using the
dbcp pool and am not able to get a serializable connection which is not in
auto-commit mode. If I set the transaction isolation to serializable and
leave auto-commit true, then I am not able to reproduce your issue (but I
do not see any point in this configuration)
I have used the following lines to configure this

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.defaultTransactionIsolation = 8
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.defaultAutoCommit = false

Not being able to get a serializable connection which is not auto-commit
seems a dbcp issue to me, but I have to dive deeper into that to be sure.

   Thomas

"Raphael Mankin,,," <raph@webwright-uk.com> schrieb am 13.05.2005 17:31:54:

> On 13-May-2005 Florin Vancea wrote:
> > I've seen that, but not with Torque.
> > In my case, it was the following sequence of operations:
> >
> > one connection opened with DB
> > some statement performed outside transaction (using implicit commit
mode)
> > transaction started
> > some select
> > Bang --> ORA-01002
> >
> > My workaround was to close the connection and open it again at thesame
time
> > the transaction was started.
>
> Your solution will, of course, not work with torque, because of the
connection
> pooling.
>
> In my case, I have not got as far as starting any explicit transactions,
other
> than those Torque does for one. In my example, the pari of statements I
wrote
> will be a transaction all by themselves.
>

> I was really wondering whether this was a Torque problem, in which case
we
> can find a fix, or do I have to shout at Oracle, which is much more
difficult.

Torque