db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Jablow" <erjab...@praxiseng.com>
Subject [torque] Oracle 9 and Oracle Label Security
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 19:48:33 GMT
In my current project, we are using Oracle 9, and we
need to introduce Oracle Label Security. OLS adds a
column to secured tables and restricts what users may
see and do with the secured tables based on their
privileges and the tables' rows' security column.

For this to work, a user must to log onto the database
using his own identity.  I get the feeling though that users
using a Torque-based application reach the database through
one particular Torque user, the one the database schema was
constructed with.  Is there any way to usefully have a user
reach the database through his own credentials and not the
standard Torque user?

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow