db-torque-user mailing list archives

From David Ware <da...@reeltwo.com>
Subject IDBroker giving duplicate keys
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 01:10:27 GMT
Hi,

I've been having problems with IDBroker giving duplicate keys in long
running transactions.  To make sure I made a stress test situation where
in a loop I'd simply create a new row object and save it.  With a loop
size of 200000 this would usually result in the error occuring.  Using
P6Spy I verified that it was trying to insert the same ID on 2 different
objects sequentially.
Here's an some info I got from spy.log from the last time I ran it, this
shows the last 2 times ID_TABLE was accessed/changed, and which ID was
duplicated:

    ID_TABLE updates: QUANTITY = 39496
                                      NEXT_ID = 62913
    primary key of next insert : 23417
    ID_TABLE updates: QUANTITY = 39496
                                      NEXT_ID = 102409
    primary key of next insert : 28676
    attempts to insert primary key 62912 twice.

This is using hypersonic database.  This seems to be solved by
synchronizing the 'storeIDs' method of IDBroker as suggested in issue
TRQS296.

David Ware