db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Harrelson" <charrel...@houston.rr.com>
Subject IDBroker problems
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 02:33:16 GMT
I am new to Torque.  I have been successful at creating my DB and classes.
Everything works correctly, excluding the primary key incrementing, or
populating at all.  When I add a record to my account table, I get a 0 in
the primary key column.  A second record added also yields a 0, thus it
fails.

Here is an excerpt from my schema file for the account table:

<database

name="recipe"

defaultIdMethod="idBroker">

<column

name="account_id"

required="true"

primaryKey="true"

type="INTEGER"

description="Key of the account record"/>

<column

name="account_type"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="INTEGER"

description=""/>

<column

name="name_first"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="25"

description="User's first name"/>

<column

name="name_last"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="25"

description="User's last name"/>

<column

name="street_address"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="35"

description=""/>

<column

name="city"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="25"

description=""/>

<column

name="state"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="2"

description=""/>

<column

name="zip"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="9"

description=""/>

<column

name="email"

required="false"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="50"

description=""/>

<column

name="password"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="10"

description=""/>

<column

name="nickname"

required="true"

primaryKey="false"

type="VARCHAR"

size="25"

description=""/>

The id_table has an entry for account with next_id = 1000 and quantity = 10.

I am not sure what else to post to help with the putting anyone on the
correct trail.  Everything else seems to be working correctly.  I have
combed the archives and found nothing similar to this problem.  If you need
any other info, please let me know and I will provide it.

Thank you in advance for you help.