db-torque-user mailing list archives

From bernard.n...@vallourec.fr
Subject Réf. : Orcale, Criteria and Date
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:18:27 GMT

                    "Bouvet

                    Konsulent"            Pour :  <torque-user@db.apache.org>

                    <bouvetkons@st        cc :

                    atnett.no>            Objet :      Orcale, Criteria and Date

                    19/04/2005

                    10:22

                    Veuillez

                    répondre à

                    "Apache Torque

                    Users List"

hello list,
I have been given the task to move an existing application using Torque 3.1
from Postgres to Oracle. I am new to Torque, so I am sorry if this question
is insulting anyone ;-)
I have re-generated the databases with "torque.databse=oracle" in the
build.properties-file, the jdbc-connection is working fine etc.

I am running the following code:

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.add(DocumentPeer.IS_DELETED, 1);
Object  o = (new Date(System.currentTimeMillis() - keeptime).toString());
//Object  o = sdf.format(new Date(System.currentTimeMillis() - keeptime));
crit.add(DocumentPeer.CHANGED, o, Criteria.LESS_THAN);
log("Criteria="+crit+", o="+o+", keeptime="+keeptime);
DocumentPeer.doDelete(crit);

which generates the following output:

2005-04-19 10:08:14,258 INFO  [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine]
StandardContext[/mywebapp]Criteria=Criteria:: document.CHANGED
<=>document.CHANGED<'18.02.2005 09:08:14':  document.IS_DELETED
<=>document.IS_DELETED=1:
Current Query SQL (may not be complete or applicable): SELECT  FROM
document WHERE document.CHANGED<'18.02.2005 09:08:14' AND
document.IS_DELETED=1, o=18.02.2005 09:08:14, keeptime=5184000000
2005-04-19 10:08:14,265 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine]
StandardContext[/mywebapp]IndexWorkerServlet:WorkerThread:updateFiles()
:Unable to delete files
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01830: date format picture ends before
converting entire input string

I understand that Oracle does not like the date-format here, and if I were
to run directly towards an Oracle database, I would use the TO_DATE
function like this:
TO_DATE('18.04.2005 09:08:14','DD.MM.YYYY HH.MI.SS')

However, I am not able to do this here, as I thought Torque would take care
of everything for me!?
I see that Criteria also has an addDate-function, but this does not give me
the option of adding time of day, only day, month and year.

If anyone has a solution, I would highly appreciate it!

/pj

Statnett SF, Tel. head office +47 22527000, Enterprise No. NO 962 986 633
VAT, www.statnett.no, firmapost@statnett.no

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received this transmission in error please notify
the sender by reply e-mail immediately and then delete the e-mail.
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete. If verification is required please request a hard copy
version. This e-mail message has been virus checked by the virus programs
used by Statnett SF.