db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Antwort: connection recovery
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:50:16 GMT

Hi,

looking in the code, Torque.shutdown() does not close the connection pools
it opened at init(). You would have to shutdown the pool manually.
Hoverer, it is not easy to do this. Currently, I found no way how you could
retrieve the Connection Pool from Torque, because the method
TorqueInstance.getDataSourceFactory(String), which is used by Torque to get
the data source, is protected.

Either you find a way to configure the pool such that it tests connections
before it hands them out (SharedPoolDataSource can do it, look at the dbcp
documentation in jakarta commons), or you have to get Torque's source, make
TorqueInstance.getDataSourceFactory(String) public, and rebuild it.

This is not the way Torque should behave in a case of shutdown. I have
added a bug report in scarab about this.

    Thomas