db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: [Encoding] Oracle 8.1.7 and Jdk 1.4.1_07
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:29:04 GMT

Hello Raphael,

character encoding problems are very ugly in my experience. They are hard
to find by the user, and even harder by remote advice.

The only thing I can advice you is to pluck the process apart, and find out
exactly where the problem sits, e.g. by inserting and retrieving via sql
console as compared to insert by jdbc and retrieving via sql console, and
so on...

One point worth while checking is that the database encoding is such that
it can actually store accentuated characters correctly.

I am quite sure that it is not a Torque problem.
One thing you might want to know for further research is that Torque uses
prepared statements for all inserts.

    Thomas