db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Jinsong Hu" <jinsong...@hotmail.com>
Subject connection recovery
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 05:41:23 GMT
Hi, There,
  I have been using torque in our project.I am trying to get this to work:

1. use Torque.init();
2. use the torque connections for various tasks.
3. shutdown the database manually. at this stage, no connection can be used.
4. start database manually, and in the java code, try to use db connection again.

what happens is that for oracle database, in step 4, the connection will work, and I
can continue to select/insert data without special effort.

but if the database is ms sql, then the connections will always fail, saying broken pipe.

I have to restart my application to get connection work again.

I wonder if in torque there is a method to ask the torque to re-establish db connection.
it looks trying shutdown() then init() doesn't do the trick.

I am using torque 3.1

Jinsong