db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Bowen <s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Criteria.setIgnoreCase() and boolean fields?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:36:49 GMT
Hello Thomas, sorry about the delay.

In my templates/sql/base/postgresql/db.props I have:

BOOLEANCHAR = char

In my build.properties I have:

torque.database = postgresql

My Java is the following:

criteria.add(ApdNotificationPeer.IS_VALID, false);

And the generated SQL is this:

SELECT * FROM apd_notification
WHERE UPPER(apd_notification.IS_VALID)=UPPER(0)

If I change the Java to:

criteria.add(ApdNotificationPeer.IS_VALID, "false");

The Sql is:

UPPER(apd_notification.IS_VALID)=UPPER('false')

And the error is the same -- can't perform an UPPER()
on a boolean field. So it seems the problem isn't with
the UPPER(0) or (UPPER('false') but rather the
UPPER(apd_notification.IS_VALID).

I'd *love* to have a workaround ... Unfortunately I
can't really just piece together a SQL statement and
call the Peer.execute() because the SQL is veeeeery
long.

Still looking ...
Bob

http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/template/Confirm.vm/confirm/...