db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: oracle 9i and torque
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:50:05 GMT

Erik,

I am not sure that you will get lucky with the old DataSourceFacory. It
will be removed in the next release. If I were you, I would not use it, if
you want to use the system in production.

It is true that some of the documentation still describe the old
properties. However, if you look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html
you can find all the properties of the new pool.

It might also be that Turbine passes the wrong properties to Torque, but I
have no experience with Turbine, so I cannot help you there.

   Thomas

"Dressler, Erik(externe MA)" <Erik.Dressler@Dresdner-Bank.lu> schrieb am
29.03.2005 09:35:03:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@130.3.15.173:1530:EAITEST9
> [...]
> > > torque.database.default.password = portal01
> > >
> > > torque.database.adapter = oracle
> > > torque.database.adapter.oracle = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> > >
> > > my Torque.properties:
> > >
> > > #
> > > # application database
> > > #
> > > torque.database.default = portal01
> > > torque.database.portal01.adapter = oracle
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.factory =
> > > org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.connection.driver =
> > > oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.connection.url =
> > > jdbc:oracle:thin:@130.3.15.173:1530:EAITEST9
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.connection.user =   portal01
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.connection.password =   portal01
> > >
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.pool.maxActive = 30
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.pool.testOnBorrow = true
> > > torque.dsfactory.portal01.pool.validationQuery = SELECT 1
> > >
> > > my project.properties:
> > >
> > > # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > #
> > > # T O R Q U E  C O N F I G U R A T I O N
> > > #
> > > # used to generate the initial data for the security tables
> > > #
> > > # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > torque.database = oracle
> > > torque.project = portal01
> > > torque.target.package = lu.dresdner_bank.portal01.db
> > >
> > > torque.java.dir = target/src
> > > torque.sql.dir = target/sql
> > > torque.output.dir =   target/sql
> > > torque.schema.dir =   target/xml
> > > torque.contextProperties = build.properties
> > > torque.basePrefix = Base
> > > #
> > > # As the current Torque cannot build a peer class for
> > > # the ID broker table, it is necessary to exclude all
> > > # the generated ID tables from OM generation. So you
> > > # must keep the following property here until Torque
> > > # no longer has a name clash between the TABLE_NAME
> > > # column and the internal TABLE_NAME variable.
> > > #
> > > torque.schema.om.excludes =   *id-table-schema*.xml
> > >
> > > torque.addSaveMethod = true
> > > torque.runOnlyOnSchemaChange = true
> > > torque.saveException = Exception
> > > torque.addIntakeRetrievable = true
> > > torque.retrievableInterface = org.apache.turbine.om.Retrievable
> > >
> > > torque.database.createUrl =
> > jdbc:oracle:thin:@130.3.15.173:1530:EAITEST9
> > > torque.database.buildUrl =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@130.3.15.173:1530:EAITEST9
> > > torque.database.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@130.3.15.173:1530:EAITEST9
> > > torque.database.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> > > torque.database.user = portal01
> > > torque.database.password = portal01
> > > torque.database.host = 130.3.15.173
> > >
> > > my error-message:
> > >
> > > 2005-03-18 15:02:37,346 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR
> > > org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService - Class
> > > lu.dresdner_bank.portal01.tools.ProcessTool.getProcesses threw
Exception
> > > org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
> > > org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve
> > connection
> > > info from pool
> > >    at

org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:717)
> > >    at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:268)
> > >    at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doPSSelect(BasePeer.java:2082)
> > >    at

lu.dresdner_bank.portal01.tools.ProcessTool.getProcesses(ProcessTool.java:
> > 49
> >
> > > )
> > >    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > >    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> > >    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> > >    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.PropertyExecutor.execute(PropertyE
> > xe
> >
> > > cutor.java:154)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifie
> > r.
> >
> > > java:226)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.
> > ja
> >
> > > va:207)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.ja
> > va
> >
> > > :357)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.getIterator(Foreach.java:203
> > )
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:325)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.j
> > av
> >
> > > a:153)
> > >    at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:
> > 27
> >
> > > 1)
> > >    at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:296)
> > >    at
org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:492)
> > >    at
org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:461)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.executeRequest
> > (T
> >
> > > urbineVelocityService.java:415)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(
> > Tu
> >
> > > rbineVelocityService.java:281)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.handleRequest(Turbine
> > Ve
> >
> > > locity.java:71)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.VelocityScreen.buildTemplate(VelocitySc
> > re
> >
> > > en.java:119)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.TemplateScreen.doBuild(TemplateScreen.j
> > av
> >
> > > a:101)
> > >    at org.apache.turbine.modules.Screen.build(Screen.java:57)
> > >    at
> > > org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.eval(ScreenLoader.java:104)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityOnlyLayout.doBuild(VelocityOnly
> > La
> >
> > > yout.java:92)
> > >    at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:53)
> > >    at
> > > org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java:98)
> > >    at

org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:146)
> > >    at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:53)
> > >    at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:98)
> > >    at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:751)
> > >    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
> > >    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applicati
> > on
> >
> > > FilterChain.java:237)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilter
> > Ch
> >
> > > ain.java:157)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.
> > ja
> >
> > > va:214)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCont
> > ex
> >
> > > t.java:104)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520
> > )
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardConte
> > xt
> >
> > > Valve.java:198)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.
> > ja
> >
> > > va:152)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCont
> > ex
> >
> > > t.java:104)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBa
> > se
> >
> > > .java:462)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCont
> > ex
> >
> > > t.java:102)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520
> > )
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:1
> > 37
> >
> > > )
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCont
> > ex
> >
> > > t.java:104)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:1
> > 18
> >
> > > )
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCont
> > ex
> >
> > > t.java:102)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520
> > )
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.ja
> > va
> >
> > > :109)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCont
> > ex
> >
> > > t.java:104)
> > >    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520
> > )
> > >    at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
> > >    at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
> > >    at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
> > >    at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processCon
> > ne
> >
> > > ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
> > >    at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
> > >    at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.j
> > av
> >
> > > a:683)
> > >    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> > > Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not
> > retrieve
> > > connection info from pool
> > >    at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnecti
> > on
> >
> > > AndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java:169)
> > >    at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(In
> > st
> >
> > > anceKeyDataSource.java:631)
> > >    at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(In
> > st
> >
> > > anceKeyDataSource.java:615)
> > >    at

org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:705)
> > >    ... 60 more
> > > Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a
> > validated
> > > object
> > >    at

org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericKe