db-torque-user mailing list archives

From adam.s.allga...@exxonmobil.com
Subject Re: How to use doSelectJoin?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:36:44 GMT
Such a method is not generated by the Torque generator, which will only
create join methods one foreign-key level away.

You can write your own "doSelectJoinUsersProfiles()" method, however, which
sounds like a terrific opportunity to leverage your UserPeer class...  ;o)

Adam

                      Robert Bowen

                      <syg6@yahoo.com>               To:      Apache Torque Users List
<torque-user@db.apache.org>
                                                     cc:

                                                     Subject: Re: How to use doSelectJoin?

                      03/17/05 12:32 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Apache Torque Users

                      List"

Hello, thanks for the response.

Yea, "doSelectJoinXxxx()" is a protected method
generated by Torque but in my particular situation,
this method is not being generated for the object I
need.

There is a doSelectJoinProfiles() in the
BaseUsersProfilesPeer class, which will load all the
info for all profiles associated with any
UsersProfiles object, but there is no
"doSelectJoinUsersProfiles()" method in my
BaseUserPeer class, and this is what I need -- to
first load all UsersProfiles associated with a given
user, and then load all of the Profiles themselvs
(specifically what I need is the profile name).

Any other takers?

Bob