db-torque-user mailing list archives

From bernard.n...@vallourec.fr
Subject Réf. : Torque is inserting, not updating
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:42:37 GMT

Hi,

An other way to do your update :

ObjectPeer.doUpdate(yourObject) instead of yourObject.save()

You can also load the object first

yourObject = ObjectPeer.retrieveByPK(id);
yourObject.save() ==> it will update and not insert

Hope this can help,

Bernard

                    "Will Keeling"

                    <w.keeling@tisc        Pour :  <torque-user@db.apache.org>

                    ali.co.uk>             cc :

                                           Objet :      Torque is inserting, not updating

                    23/03/2005

                    09:28

                    Veuillez

                    répondre à

                    "Apache Torque

                    Users List"

Hi,

I'm new to Torque and I'm having a slight problem where I'm calling save()
on a Torque object and it's doing an insert when I'm expecting it to do an
update.

I'm creating a new object and setting a number of it's fields including
it's
primary key field - an 'id' field which is of type 'int'. I would have
expected Torque to realise that with the primary key field set, the object
it's not considered to be new and therefore it should attempt an update.
But
it always does an insert.

The way round this I've found is to call setNew(false) on my object before
calling save() to force Torque to do the update.

Is calling setNew(false) the right way to be doing this (I wouldn't have
thought so)?

I'd be grateful for any advice!

Many thanks in advance,

Will