db-torque-user mailing list archives

From jcase...@chubb.com
Subject doDelete problem, null dbMap
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:51:27 GMT
Thomas,

This is exactly (well.. almost) what I have in my code

//Get a connection
dbConn = Torque.getConnection(getProperty("db2.environment"));
dbConn.setAutoCommit(true);

\\db2Schema  is the High level qualifier for the table
String db2Schema = MixApplication.getProperty("db2schema");

BaseTableNamePeer.executeStatement("SET CURRENT SQLID = '" + db2Schema +
"'", dbConn);
BasePeer.executeStatement("SET CURRENT SQLID = '" + db2Schema + "'", dbConn
);

Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
criteria.add(TableNamePeerPeer.OFFRG_N, primaryKey);
TableNamePeer.doDelete(criteria, dbConn);

By the way, the dbMap was not null, dbMap.getTable(tab) is null.. my
mistake.
ColumnMap[] columnMaps = dbMap.getTable(tab).getColumns();

How are you are suggesting I should use the forName()?

Thanks again!
Jim

John,

My first guess would be that the Peer class is not loaded by the
classloader before you execute the query. See
http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS228
In Torque 3.1.1, the problem should be resolved. Alternatively, you can
force the classloader to load the class before you execute the statement,
e.g. by class.forName();

By the way, what is TableNamePeer.PRIMARY ? Never seen that before; I
normally would use
TableNamePeer.doDelete(criteria, dbConn);

  Thomas

jcaserta@chubb.com schrieb am 11.03.2005 16:35:13:

> I recently moved over to version 3.1 for Java, I have the selects working
> fine now (Thanks). The issue is on a doDelete, the dbMap is null. The
error
> is occurring on this line:
> ColumnMap[] columnMaps = dbMap.getTable(tab).getColumns(); in the
doDelete.

> My Criteria is setup as follows:
> Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
> criteria.add(TableNamePeer.PRIMARY_KEY, primaryKey);
> TableNamePeer.PRIMARY.doDelete(criteria, dbConn);
>
> This is the main DB2 table and there are many beneath it. Our system will
> automatically handle the cascading of the delete. This worked fine in
3.0.

> Thank you in advance!
> Jim

 Jim Caserta