db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Vitzethum, Daniel" <Daniel.Vitzet...@gigatronik.com>
Subject AW: "IS NULL AS" in select clause not working
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:23:37 GMT
Hello,

just a guess:

>       Criteria criteria = new Criteria(7)
>         .addSelectColumn(UserPeer.REG_DATE)
>         .addAsColumn("asNull", UserPeer.REG_DATE+" IS NULL" )
>         criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn("asNull");
>         criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn(UserPeer.REG_DATE);

the addSelectColumn feature is a bit tricky. You didn't post
how you perform the query, but I suppose you perform a
"UserPeer.doSelect(criteria)"

In my experience, you have to perform a
"UserPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(criteria)" and evaluate the result,
which is a List with village's Record objects. Otherwise, the filling
of the "User" object will fail as the expected columns are not contained
in the real query that is executed.

The next time, perhaps you want to add a bit more code and the kind or
error or stack trace you get, what would make it easier to isolate the
problem.

HTH,

Daniel