db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't delete row, either no delete or get "You must specify KeyDef..." exception.
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:59:40 GMT
Hi,

You use the foreign keys also as primary key. In my experience, using
something which has another meaning as a primary key is not a good idea.
Can you try to add another column, e.g. user_role_id, as a primary key,
remove the primaryKey attribute from the other columns and try it again ?
Just removing the primaryKey attribute is also not a good idea, as Torque
relies on having a primary key.

Just a comment on your secondary problem (building the query by hand).
Looking at the source code, executeStatement is plain jdbc, just using
Torque's connection pool to execute your query. So I am very amazed that
this does not work. Did you look at the return value of executeStatement ?
It should give you the number of affected rows. If it is > 0 but you still
see the row you just deleted, then maybe it is a transaction problem (not
enough commits). Perhaps(if you use several databases at once), the
command might hit the wrong database

      Thomas