db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Kintzel Levente" <kintzel.leve...@softech.ro>
Subject Multilanguage application
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:56:39 GMT

    Hi!

I want to have a database with multiple labels. I want to store them in
more than one language. The label have several additional informations
attached. Can you show me a design pattern for this problem which works
fine with Torque.

This is important for a multilanguage application. Example: For a "link"
on a linkpage  I have a description in more than one language and the url.
I want to store the description in several languages in such a way to be
easy to maintain. Some design patterns for this problem? How to design the
tables for this problem? (schema?).

One solution can be: to put a column in the table for each language. But
if I have a new language I must put a column in each table. The problem
will be very hard to maintain.

I use: Torque 3.0.2, Turbine 2.2b3, MySQL 4.18, jdk 1.4.2.05

Thank you!

          Levente Kintzel