db-torque-user mailing list archives

From a.win...@telenet-ag.de
Subject Prepared Statements with Oracle
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:12:19 GMT
Hi torque-users,

I want to use prepard statements with an oracle database.
When executing a doPSSelect query
        Criteria crit = new Criteria();
        recordList = UsersPeer.doPSSelect(crit);
        list = new UsersList((List)UsersPeer.populateObjects(recordList));

I get the following exception:

| | Nested Exception: org.apache.torque.TorqueException
| | Message: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00936: missing expression

| | Stack trace:
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00936:
missing expression

Using the doSelect-Method

        list = UsersPeer.doSelect(crit);

works fine.

Is there a bug in torque or is there something wrong in my code ?

My second question is, how I can insert or update records using prepared
statements. I was looking for a method
like doPSInsert or doPSUpdate but there aren't such methods.

I still saw those threads where the problems with Oracle and prepared
statements are described. Does anyone used
prepared statements with an Oracle database successfully ?

Thanks a lot,