db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Lach, Thierry" <Thierry.L...@bbdodetroit.com>
Subject RE: PL/SQL in generated Oracle scripts
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:57:05 GMT

That's correct.  You can run the scripts just fine if you write your own
<sql/> block and specify delimiter="/".

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:37 AM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: PL/SQL in generated Oracle scripts

Nuno Miguel Rodrigues <nmrodrigues@gmail.com> schrieb am 16.02.2005
10:35:52:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:29:55 -0000, Paul Osborne
> <paul.osborne@morley-computing.co.uk> wrote:
> > I am trying to use the Maven Torque plugin to generate and
> > initialize
an
> > Oracle 8i database. However, the torque 'insert-sql' target is
> > failing because the generated SQL contains PL/SQL code, giving the
> > error: [torque-sql-exec] [ERROR] Failed to execute: DECLARE
TABLE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
> > EXCEPTION. Am I using the wrong torque target to execute the scripts
> >
> > The SQL scripts appear to be correct and work perfectly via
> > sql*plus.
> >
> > I've successfully managed to create the schema for MySQL without any

> > problems but am struggling with Oracle.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>     [...]
>
>     PL/SQL is a different environment from that of SQL, hence the
error.
>     sql+ handles PL/SQL.

No, I do not think this is the point. The point is that a different line
separator (/) has to be used in ant(maven) to run the scripts.

>     HTH,
>

> --
   Thomas

This message and any attachments contain information, which may be confidential or privileged.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information.  Please be aware that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, kindly notify us by calling 1-800-262-4723 or e-mail
to helpdesk@bbdo.com. We appreciate your cooperation.