db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Lach, Thierry" <Thierry.L...@bbdodetroit.com>
Subject RE: Maven won't compile Java soure
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:41:39 GMT

This is a Maven issue.  You need to set the source directory in the
maven project.xml.

At a minimum you probably need:

    <build>
        <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
    </build>

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Mayes [mailto:bdmayes@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:37 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Maven won't compile Java soure

Hi everyone.  I'm following the tutorial for the Bookstore sample
application on the torque main page.  I was able to get it to generate
the SQL for me and even create the tables in my MySQL database (I
checked it manually...they are there).  I have done everything exactly
as it has stated and now when I try to run the command "maven
java:compile" I get a "successful" build but the problem is that it's
succesful because it doesn't even find any .java files to compile.  It
prints the following message when I run the above command:

    [echo] No java source files to compile.

I ran maven -X to get the debug messages and I found that it seems to be
setting something called maven.compile.src.set yet it is empty.  Is that
a problem?  Anyone know what the problem actually is?  It doesn't seem
to be able to find the java source files.  I'm using Maven and NOT ant.
It's torque 3.1.1 as well.  Help!

Thanks,
Brandon

This message and any attachments contain information, which may be confidential or privileged.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information.  Please be aware that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, kindly notify us by calling 1-800-262-4723 or e-mail
to helpdesk@bbdo.com. We appreciate your cooperation.