db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Alex Hepp <h...@evamann.de>
Subject Re: Multilanguage application
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:48:32 GMT
Hi everybody,
hi Kintzel.

If I had enough time to develop such a solution (for there are no
problems, but only solutions;) ), i would only save references to
resources in db instead of real text.

have a resource table with ids and optionally names. then have a
language table with ids and optionally names. then have a table
language_resources with resource id, language id and the real text.
in the table link in the column description you only have a reference to
the id of the resources table.

then you can decide, whether you have a property, or let the user
decide, which language to use. With the combination of language id and
resource id you know the row of language_resources you have to fetch.
simple criteria there.

But there is one factor you have to think about. This method is pretty
time intensive. You can surely also use the internationalisation service
(i18n) that comes with turbine, but i didnĀ“t try that.

Good luck and have fun!
kind regards
Alex Hepp