db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Getting Started...HELP
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:56:15 GMT
Richard Bayet wrote:

> The tutorial is a trap.

My understanding is that the tutorial should be pretty complete - if
there are specific issues then please post them (unidiff patches to the
source xml files preferred but general comments in plain text are welcomed).

> People don't find it helpfull. They come here. They're doomed.

You may not have found it helpful but others seem to.  Here is usually a
pretty good place to ask questions - most are in fact answered.

> Anyway, the db.props is a property file containing (I quote, I'm not
> sure at all of what I'm saying) "Database-specific properties", so
> it's kind of the same thing as the old "build.properties" of torque 3.1
> I've just had a look at the CVS, and you might find examples in the
> generator templates (look for something like
> templates/sql/base/(mysql|db2|...)/db.props).
> You might have to download the generator binaries (well you had to, in
> torque 3.1).

If you follow the tutorial maven should pretty much drag down everything
you need.  The fact that for Paul maven could not find db.props is more
of an indication that his configuration is not right than that the file
is missing - versions of it for several database systems will exist in
the generator jar file but you shouldn't need to make any changes to it
unless you wish to alter the default properties defined by torque (this
is not normally necessary).

> Doomed.

Doomed by your negative attitude perhaps.

Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.