db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Getting Started...HELP
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:45:54 GMT
pauldecoursey@decoursey.net wrote:

>The tutorial was no help at all.  First of all it doesn't tell you where
>to put the files that you create when configuring torque.

"You configure the generator by setting properties in the
/project.properties/ file in root directory of your project"

"By default your database schema file should be located in the /schema/
directory under the base of your project, but you can tell Torque where
to find it using the |torque.schema.dir| property in
|project.properties| (the |torque.home| property can also be used to
point to the parent of the /schema/ directory."

etc.

Can you please indicate the files you had to create whose location was
not specified in the tutorial?  If you do this then perhaps we can
improve the tutorial.

>  Running maven
>seems will give you clues after many errors.  But then once I got the
>files where they should be I get this error on the velocity log:
>
>Database-specific properties file does not exist:
>/Users/pauldecoursey/Projects/Marmoset/sql/base/db.props
>org.apache.torque.engine.EngineException: Database-specific properties
>file does not exist:
>/Users/pauldecoursey/Projects/Marmoset/sql/base/db.props
>        at
>org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.AppData.getIdiosyncrasies(AppData.java:145)

<snip/>
 From your error message I suspect that either you have not configured
the Torque Generator Properties or they are not in the location that
maven is looking for them.

Scott

--
Scott Eade