db-torque-user mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject Re: ID_TABLE/ID_BROKER behaviour
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:24:19 GMT
One of the basic reasons behind using IDBroker over the optimized native
variations of generating primary keys was that it could allow a range of
IDs to be reserved, so that it was not necessary to query and write to
the single ID_TABLE for every insert into the database.  If the IDs are
not conflicting with current rows and the quantity column has a value
high enough to account for the lower IDs still being used, then I would
suspect that is the cause.

John McNally