db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Alvaro Coronel <alvarocorone...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Multilanguage application
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:03:46 GMT
Hello Derek. The zip attachment got lost in the way ( see the "File attachment: I18N.zip The
file attached to this email was removed because the file name is not allowed." at the end
of the mail).

Could you put it somewhere to be downloaded, or tell us how to get hold of it?

Many thanks in advance!

Álvaro.

Anderson Derek Civ AU/SCI <Derek.Anderson@MAXWELL.AF.MIL> wrote:
I wrote a decent stand-alone I18n implementation a while back. I think
you're going after the same thing I was. You're free to use it if you
please.

Here is the table structure I use:

Describing: I18N
----------------
ID,N,VARCHAR2,255,null,null
LANG,N,VARCHAR2,255,null,null
NS,N,VARCHAR2,255,null,null
TEXT,Y,VARCHAR2,4000,null,null

ID for the id, LANG for the W3C language code, NS for the namespace (ie
MyApp/MyJSP.jsp) and TEXT for the user-customizable text.

Attached is the interface code, with some samples in the Javadoc comments.
Read I18n.java.

Ttyl,
Derek C. Anderson
AUREPM Project Lead