db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Alvaro Coronel <alvarocorone...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: use same conf with more than one databases
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:06:32 GMT
Look at this couple of lines from my  Torque.properties

torque.dsfactory.consolidada.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.55:3306/consolidada
# torque.dsfactory.consolidada.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/consolidada
# torque.dsfactory.consolidada.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/cons_test

I comment and uncomment and point to different databases without regenerating. It works fine.

Good luck!

Αlvaro

Αντώνης Λεμπέσης <antleb@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
Hello,

In a quite large project we need to use a different database for each
developer. The schema is obviously the same for each one, but it turns
out that even if we change the torque.properties and build.properties
files, we still have to rebuild and compile everything because the
connection info is hardcoded into the autogenerated Base* classes.

Is there any way to get around this? After a while it has proven to be
really annoying...

Cheers,
Antonis.