db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Osborne" <paul.osbo...@morley-computing.co.uk>
Subject PL/SQL in generated Oracle scripts
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:29:55 GMT
I am trying to use the Maven Torque plugin to generate and initialize an
Oracle 8i database. However, the torque 'insert-sql' target is failing
because the generated SQL contains PL/SQL code, giving the error:
[torque-sql-exec] [ERROR] Failed to execute: DECLARE TABLE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
EXCEPTION. Am I using the wrong torque target to execute the scripts

The SQL scripts appear to be correct and work perfectly via sql*plus.

I've successfully managed to create the schema for MySQL without any
problems but am struggling with Oracle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My properties are set as follows:

torque.project            = hwh

torque.database           = oracle

torque.targetPackage      = com.channel4.projects.learning.hwh.torque

torque.database.driver    = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

torque.database.host      = 127.0.0.1

torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:dev8i

torque.database.buildUrl  = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:dev8i

torque.database.default   = hwh

profile=oracle

jcdAlias          = default

databaseName      = ${torque.project}

databaseUser      = ${torque.database.user}

databasePassword  = ${torque.database.password}

dbmsName          = Oracle

jdbcLevel         = 3.0

jdbcRuntimeDriver = ${torque.database.driver}

urlProtocol       = jdbc

urlSubprotocol    = oracle:thin

urlDbalias        = dev8i

Sample of the generated SQL...

-

-- subject

-

DECLARE

    TABLE_DOES_NOT_EXIST EXCEPTION;

    PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(TABLE_DOES_NOT_EXIST, -942);

BEGIN

    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'DROP TABLE subject CASCADE CONSTRAINTS';

EXCEPTION

    WHEN TABLE_DOES_NOT_EXIST THEN NULL;

END;

/