db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raphael.X.Mankin%...@gsk.com
Subject Re: SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction -- the real cause
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:40:43 GMT
Thre real cause of the problem turned out to be something silly that I had
done. I had done a save() on a newly created object and then also done a
doInsert(), afterthe PK had already been filled in. The doInsert() did NOT
throw an exception or return any sort of an error. The Oracle error
manifested itself on a subsequent operation, I'm not sure whether the very
next one but certainly one very shortly after.

So the answer turns out to be sloppy programming on my part exacerbated by
poor diagnostics from the library code.

|         |           "Thomas Fischer" |
|         |           <Fischer@seitenba|
|         |           u.net>           |
|         |           21-Jan-2005 13:45|
|         |           "Apache Torque   |
|         |           Users List"      |
|         |           <torque-user@db.a|
|         |           pache.org>       |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:      "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
                                        |

  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject: Re: SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction

Hi,

if you find out anything about the error please post it here. I remember
this problem was reported before to the users list but I do not remember
that the problem was solved.

You can try to log the SQL statements via P6Spy:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-4658ec85746ef90e0d810fb85fd135d9dd30e264

I have never done this myself, though, so no idea whether this can help
you.

    Thomas