db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raphael.X.Mankin%...@gsk.com
Subject SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:49:48 GMT
I have just recently started getting the error 'SET TRANSACTION must be
first statement of transaction' from my application. The error occurs on
Torque calls that are not using transactions. Can anyone suggest possible
causes? The application was working fine, so I presume that some change
that I made caused this. I am running Torque 3.1 with Oracle 9 on Solaris
and Linux. The base installation has not changed for some months.

I have checked that all transactions are properly committed/rolled  back;
tried changing 'testOnBorrow' from 'true' to 'false'. Are there any more
usual suspects that I ought to investigate?