db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "M. Sean Gilligan" <Sean_Gilli...@catalla.com>
Subject Re: Torque using Tomcat
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:03:10 GMT
>"M. Sean Gilligan" <Sean_Gilligan@catalla.com> writes:
>
>I took a good look at the JndiDataSourceFactory and this patch just
>plasters over

What are the consequences of a patch that just "plasters over"?

>(there is also a good NPE chance in there)

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the acronym NPE, what does "NPE" mean?

>I would prefer having you test the TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH HEAD by doing
>
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout -r TORQUE_3_1_BRANCH db-torque
>
>and compiling it,

I did this and it fixed the problem, but...

> but if you are stuck to a released version due to QA
>reasons, simply take the released 3.1.1 version and replace the
>JndiDataSourceFactory.java file.

I really do want to use a QA'ed release for my alpha/beta/production release, so I also tried
copying JndiDataSourceFactory.java into the 3.1.1 directory tree and am unable to do a build:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to /Users/sean/netcvs/jakarta/db-torque-3-1-1-patched/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 69 source files to /Users/sean/netcvs/jakarta/db-torque-3-1-1-patched/target/classes
/Users/sean/netcvs/jakarta/db-torque-3-1-1-patched/src/java/org/apache/torque/dsfactory/JndiDataSourceFactory.java:99:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method initialize (org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration)
location: class org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory
        super.initialize(configuration);
             ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error

Any suggestions on what to do with the 3.1.1 tree?  I'm going to try the "plasters over" patch
for now...

Thanks,

Sean