db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "M. Sean Gilligan" <Sean_Gilli...@catalla.com>
Subject Re: Torque using Tomcat
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:24:10 GMT
>"M. Sean Gilligan" <Sean_Gilligan@catalla.com> writes:
>
>>I'm using Torque 3.1.1 with Tomcat 5.0.28 and MySQL.  In a Tomcat context.xml file
I've defined a JNDI DataSource and in torque.prorperties the JndiDataSourceFactory factory
is being used.  The webapp works fine until the webapp is realoaded.  The first database access
after a reload gives this stack trace:

>I remember this from a dim and distant past. It was some serialization
>issue. Can you please look into your catalina.out and maybe look into the
>list archives?

Hi Henning.

Thanks for your response.

What do you mean by a "serialization issue"?

I looked through the list archives (in a Eudora folder) very carefully (back to Oct 2002,
when I started lurking) and found may issues involving the same error message, but most of
them involved configuration issues.  (Everything works for me unless I reload the webapp.)

Didn't find anything other than the NullPointerException (java.lang.NullPointerException:
There was no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection my_om) in the  logs, either.

I had originally defined the DataSource in the Tomcat <Context>.  Last night I tried
in the <GlobalNamingResources> section and got the same error.

I'll try to put together a simplified test case if you think that it is worthwhile.

Thanks, again.

Sean