db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Torque Future planning / wishlist
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:32:44 GMT
Hi,

I added a page to the Wiki called "TorqueFuture". There I have dumped
all my ideas that came up in the last few months for a "Torque NG".

http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/TorqueFuture

I really ache for some of the features listed there and I do plan to
implement them in a Torque NG. However, I don't want to completely
lose the focus of Torque as a "lean, mean, fast way to access
databases from SQL with out all the buzzword hassle of object
relational mapping". I don't want to re-implement OJB or Hibernate;
these projects play IMHO in another league and at least I don't want
to go there from here.

Please add your ideas and wishes to this page; Personally, I'm more
interested in concepts than real implementation details. If you want
to emphasize a point, just add your initials or name to the (xxx)
list. The more names written there, the more important a point will be
to me.

After collecting some ideas, we should discuss a road map in January.

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security