db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Torque using Tomcat
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:53:29 GMT
"M. Sean Gilligan" <Sean_Gilligan@catalla.com> writes:

>I'm using Torque 3.1.1 with Tomcat 5.0.28 and MySQL.  In a Tomcat context.xml file I've
defined a JNDI DataSource and in torque.prorperties the JndiDataSourceFactory factory is being
used.  The webapp works fine until the webapp is realoaded.  The first database access after
a reload gives this stack trace:

I remember this from a dim and distant past. It was some serialization
issue. Can you please look into your catalina.out and maybe look into the
list archives?

	Regards
		Henning

>Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: There was no DataSourceFactory configured for
the connection my_om
>        at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:711)
>        at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:268)
>        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:80)
>        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1195)

>Any ideas?

>Thanks,

>Sean

>--