db-torque-user mailing list archives

From bernard.n...@vallourec.fr
Subject Réf. : Re: Connection pooling
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:02:02 GMT

Hi Prajeesh

You have to make a Torque.shutdown in your init class when the context is
destroyed (see method contextDestroyed)

public class InitTorque implements ServletContextListener {

     public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent e) {//Add this method
!!!
          Torque.shutdown();
     }
     public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent e) {
          if (!Torque.isInit()) {
               try{
                    Torque.init(e.getServletContext().getRealPath(
"/WEB-INF/Torque.properties"));
               } catch (TorqueException e1) {
               }
          }
     }
}

Hope this will help,

Bernard NOËL

                    Prajeesh Kumar

                    <prajeesh.kumar@v2solu        Pour :  Apache Torque Users List <torque-user@db.apache.org>

                    tions.com>                    cc :

                                                  Objet :      Re: Connection pooling

                    28/12/2004 09:54

                    Veuillez répondre à

                    "Apache Torque Users

                    List"

Hi Thomas,

I'm not making connection manually . The torque is doing that . I'm
facing the problem in Torque. The only step what I'm doing is
initializing the Torque.properties in a coustructor using Torque.init()
method . Thanks for ur reply

regards

Prajeesh

Thomas Fischer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>you have to close the connection yourself. Try connection.close() in a
>finally block:
>
>java.sql.Connection connection = null;
>try {
>  ... whatever you do to get the connection
>  ... whatever you do with the connection
>}
>finally {
>  if (connection != null) {
>    try {
>      connection.close();
>    }
>    catch(Exception e) {}
>  }
>}
>

>   Thomas
>
>Prajeesh Kumar <prajeesh.kumar@v2solutions.com> schrieb am 28.12.2004
>08:16:07:
>

>>Hello all ,
>>
>>Currently i'm working on Torque 3.1 and I've configured a DHCP
>>connection to Postgresql database server running on linux. But the
>>connection opened by the TOmcat webserver , is not getting closed. What
>>shall i do? pleaze advice me .
>>How can I simply implement conection pooling in torque?
>>
>>best regards
>>
>>--
>>Prajeesh Kumar MS
>>V2Solutions