db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Luís Alberto Góis <Luis.G...@optimus.pt>
Subject DDL generation from live database
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:09:02 GMT
Hello.

Like Midlegen+Hibernate, I could only generate the DDL files for database
tables. I've used the "jdbc" target from the "build-torque.xml".

Can Torque be used to reverse engineer an entire data base? In fact, do you
know of any other JDBC based tools that can do it? I was asked to implement
a tool to help maintaining database objects under version control (Oracle,
SQL Server and MySQL, at least) and I guessed I could develop an 100% pure
Java application to do it without having to write my own *Metadata SQL.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Luis