db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Vitzethum, Daniel" <Daniel.Vitzet...@gigatronik.com>
Subject AW: Can't handle same column name twice - possibly a bug in village?
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:47:00 GMT
Hello Henning and Thomas,

> I still cannot reproduce your error
*sigh*

> I used your code below and get
> [{'1','10','100','100','20'}]

Now that's really strange to me. Both of you tell me that village is
not responsible for that, but the error occurs - in my environment -
definitely _below_ Torque.

In BasePeer.executeQuery(String, int, int, boolean, Connection),
that line is executed:
  qds = new QueryDataSet(con, queryString);

The QueryDataSet constructs a new Schema object that lacks a table name.
These values are taken from 'qds' after that line of code:
  [qds]
  schema={'P_ID','G_ID','L_ID','L_ID','G_ID'}
  selectString=SELECT TEST_PERSON.P_ID, TEST_PERSON.G_ID,
TEST_PERSON.L_ID
    , TEST_LENDING.L_ID, TEST_LENDING.G_ID FROM TEST_PERSON,
TEST_LENDING
    WHERE TEST_PERSON.L_ID=TEST_LENDING.L_ID

It seems to me that 'schema' that has same column names for different
cols is the problem.

Later on, in BasePeer.getSelectResults(QueryDataSet, int, int, boolean),
qds.fetchRecords() is called and leads to that representation of 'qds':
  {'P_ID','G_ID','L_ID','L_ID','G_ID'}
  {'1',   '10',  '100', '100', '10'}

Maybe I appear a bit bullheaded - I can't believe that this is a problem
of Torque!

The QueryDataSet is constructed from a connection and a sql
String and internally builds a 'Schema' object from DB metadata.
Could that metadata be erroneous/misleading in my case?

> Perhaps you have uncommited data on a connection you use that is not
> visible to other connections/applications ?
No, that's very unlikely. I created the tables just for the last post.

> I am quite sure that village is not the problem here.
Hm, but what else?

Still unsatisfied,

Daniel