db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Gray" <Dave_G...@versata.com>
Subject Oracle transaction control
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:51:18 GMT
Our application will use Torque to create a database and fill it with
sample data. The project-schema.xml and project-data.xml are generated
by the application. I have foreign key constraints between tables. I
cannot guarantee the order of the records in the generated
project-data.xml.
To avoid foreign key constraint violations I would like to insert:
       ALTER SESSION SET CONSTRAINTS=DEFERRED;
at the start of the project-data.sql. However this will not have the
desired effect unless the sql is run in a single transaction.
Is there a setting I can change to have the sql run in a single
transaction?
Alternatively, is there another solution?
Dave