db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Richard Bayet <ba...@enseirb.fr>
Subject Re: AW: Can't handle same column name twice - possibly a bug in village?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:40:14 GMT
Vitzethum, Daniel wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>

>>>In addition, where is the home of the village project?
>>
>>http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
>

> I admit, it was the obvious again. A workaround for my problem
> certainly is to have unique column names in the whole data model,
> what means some work for us.

It shouldn't be a requirement, as the problem mentionned here :
http://db.apache.org/torque/criteria-howto.html ("Using Criterion to use
a Column twice in a Criteria") is obviously not what you are
encountering : you may have two identical "columnname", but internally,
the Torque Runtime is supposed to expand these "columnname" to
"tablename.columnname".

You might however resolve the problem using aliases, just as you would
do in raw SQL.