db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Priyank RASTOGI <Priyank.Rast...@eurodyn.com>
Subject xml to sql
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:17:10 GMT
hi,

having a single artifact that could be translated into database-specific
SQL scripts as needed would alleviate porting pains. i think torque is
one good option to achieve this through a single (database-agnostic)
schema xml. i am new to torque so pl correct me if i am wrong. the
documentation indicates that the torque generator has ANT tasks that
could help me translate the schema xml to SQL scripts (to create tables)
for a target database. i have already done the painful task of
downloading all needed libraries and will really appreciate any pointers
on how to build the project and get the ant tasks running.

i also look forward to suggestions for any alternatives that may be more
appropriate for my needs (Commons SQL?).

thanks
priyank