db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Hoang-Vu PHUNG <hvu_ph...@yahoo.fr>
Subject ClassCastException with torque
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:39:37 GMT
Hi,
I'm new to torque. I have managed to use torque
(versiion 3.1.1) to generate java classes and sql
script. Then I ran into the problem with nullable
field having foreign key constrainte. This field is a
primitive data so according to one guy in the mailing
list, I have to just add defaultJavaType="object".
Unfortunately, after adding that, I got a
ClassCastException when
trying to insert a object (st. like User user = new
User(); user.setUserFirstName("xxx"); ...;
user.save();

The save method causes an error in BaseUser.java
(generated by Torque) in the setPrimaryKey method. In
the first line of this method, we can see:
SimpleKey[] keys = (SimpleKey[]) key.getValue();

It seems that the cast is not allowed here.

I wonder how it could be possible - having a
successfull automatical generation.

Could somebody here clarify me about these things?

Thanks a lot
Hoang-Vu

Avec Yahoo! faites un don et soutenez le Téléthon en cliquant sur http://www.telethon.fr/030-Don/10-10_Don.asp