db-torque-user mailing list archives

From KeyofDMinor <keyofdmi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices for read-only operations and concurrency?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:31:48 GMT

ps.

My apologies. I have no experience with JDBC; I
noticed that the Connection object is in java.sql and
in fact not a Torque object.  It certainly looks as
though one can set the Connection object to be
"read-only".

_However_, I'm still not sure if my read() method
would need a Connection object.  e.g. I have code now
(in various places in the app) that simply creates a
Criteria object and then reads from the database.  It
works fine, but I'm still wondering how this will work
with concurrency.