db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel M√ľller" <daniel0...@gmx.de>
Subject Join or Where Clause
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:35:01 GMT
Hello,

I have 2 tables. In one table stand numbers in the secound table stand
adresses. The have a foreign key

NumberTable
N_ID
N_Number

AdressesTable
A_ID
A_N_ID
A_Name

The adresses table have the foreign key A_N_ID=N_ID.

In the number table stand very much numbers. Now i wont to find out what
numbers in the number table are free, without a relation. I wont to build a
1:1 relation. For this I need to know what number is not set for a adress. I
have made this statement:

SELECT DISTINCT
NumberTable.N_ID,
NumberTable.N_NUMMER,
FROM
NumberTable,
AdressesTable
WHERE
AdressesTable.A_N_ID<>NumberTable.N_ID;

This statement works, but how i can create it with torque?

Or is it better if I do it with right joins?

How I do it with joins?

Thanks for help.

Daniel

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŁnstigen Komplett-Preis!