db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Husek, Paul" <Paul.Hu...@pfizer.com>
Subject connection leak
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:01:24 GMT
Hello,

I'm using torque 3.1 and am experiencing what I believe to be a connection
leak.  The symptoms are that eventually the application just stops
responding and seems to be stuck where it would normally be fetching a db
connection.    This is probably due to the fact that I occasionally need to
construct my own queries and do a Torque.getConnection, and due to errors
may not be able to release the connection.

I've seen mention of abandoned connection management via DBCP, but I could
never get it working.  I just upgraded to dbcp 1.2, and I still can't get it
working.  Does anyone have a Torque.properties that properly handles
abandoned connections (and has been verified)?