db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject XXX.getXXX() and XXX.addXXX()
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:51:23 GMT
Hi,

  The subject sounds pretty confusing. I have a table X which has one to many mapping within
itself, that is, a records in X can have several other records in X as its children. I see
that such relations do not have any auto generated get or add methods and are also not saved
when XXX.save() is called. I initially thought this was to prevent an infinite loop of saves
if there is a loops in the relation. Looking more into the code I see a flag "alreadyInSave",
which can be used to solve the infinite loop problem.

 Why is this relation not included in the auto-generated code? Is there some reason I'm missing
out? I'm using Torque 3.1 btw. It would be nice if this could be included in the auto-generated
code. Also, if you do have some reason to not generate the code, it would be great if a flag
can be added to "foreign-key" tag to force the particular relation into autogenerated code.

Thanks,
Sarav